Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Some people describe "culture" as the "unwritten rules about how we do things in our organization."  The other day, driving home from the airport, I saw a large billboard promoting the corporate culture  of a company, Delta Air Lines. The gist of the billboard was that the Delta culture made a difference for its customers.  The billboard had a URL for further information.  When I got home (I promised I didn't do this while I was driving), I visited the URL and read about Delta's culture.  There were several things that intrigued me.  First - that Delta was marketing its culture to its customers. Second, the manner in which they had taken the "unwritten rules about how we do things around here" and turned them into a written articulation of their culture called "Rules of the Road."  
This leads to several questions for you:
1. Could your organization write down its "Rules of the Road?"
2. Could your organization write its "Rules of the Road" in a way that you would be proud to share them with uour customers?


3. Can an organization's culture be promoted to its customers as a differentiator?

No comments:

Post a Comment